Taking medication at the correct time and getting the dosage right can take careful management. The Pivotell Advance pill dispenser has advanced features that will help you, your carer, family members and the pharmacist, to safely manage your medication dosage. The dispenser has 24 alarms and start/stop functions to assist your pharmacist when filling the device.
Advanced Technology - Enhanced Security
Security - a self-locking shutter over the lid opening prevents access to the medication tray except at the alarm time. This prevents the possibility of double dosing or the forced movement of the medication tray by the user.
Display - the LCD display is visible through the lid.
Start Delay and Stop functions - Delays activation or deactivates dispenser - useful for those using multiple dispensers and to allow pharmacists or family members to fill in advance away from home.
Upside-down - the tray will not rotate if upside down. When upright it will move to the correct dose for the time & date at the next alarm time.
This also allows for the possibility that the dispenser could be transported upside down. If a dosage time occurs when the dispenser is upside down it will alarm as usual but the tray will not move forward. If the dispenser is upside down for some time the dispenser will record on how many occasions it should have rotated and when returned to the upright position will move to the correct position for the next scheduled dose so that the correct medication for that time will be presented.
Patent No: SE 535 462 C2
Registered with the MHRA as Medical Device: Class 1
Pivotell® Advance Automatic Pill Dispenser
The Pivotell® Advance dispenser incorporates a number of important and advanced features which are designed to help both the user remain compliant with their medication regime and further support their family members, carers and pharmacists.
It can be easily filled and programmed by the user, relative, carer or pharmacist to dispense pills up to 24 times a day. At the pre-programmed times, the dispenser rotates, the alarm signal is heard, and the correct dosage comes into view through the opening in the lid. The alarm can be programmed to ring for up to 5 hours.
The Pivotell® Advance dispenser has many advanced features including:
- Security - a self-locking shutter over the lid opening prevents access to the medication tray except at the time that medication is programmed to be available. This prevents the possibility of double dosing or the forced movement of the medication tray by the user.
- Display - the LCD display will be visible through the lid allowing the user and carer to view: the date and time, the time that the next dose is due, the number of doses remaining, the battery level
- Batteries - It will be possible to use both Alkaline AA and rechargeable batteries.
- Upside Down - if a dosage time occurs when the dispenser is upside down it will alarm as normal but the tray will not move forward. Then when it is returned upright it will move to the correct position for that time of day.
- Daily Alarm Times - 1-24.
- Compartments - 28.
- Two or more compartments can be programmed to alarm at the same time (for those with many or large pills).
- Start delay function - delays activation to allow pharmacists or family members to easily fill in advance away from the user's home.
- Stop function - deactivates dispenser - useful for those using multiple dispensers in the home.
- A Pharmacy label carrier and label case are supplied (to comply with the Royal Pharmacy Society of Great Britain labelling requirements) .
- Day/time discs supplied (for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 times daily dosage and one blank disc for five or more doses per day).
- Battery life - 12 months.
- Battery level meter and a warning indicator.
- Secure battery case cover to deter tampering (screw provided)
- Spare trays, lids and time discs available for off-site filling by family members or pharmacists.
- Four different alarm sounds.
- Flashing light for those with hearing impairment.
- Lockable - only the medication due can be accessed by the user.
- Can be Telecare enabled (e.g. Lifeline / Carephone / Sayphone systems) with Alarm Response Centre response. For this function, the dispenser must be purchased from your Telecare provider.
The LCD Screen
The LCD display feature is of particular benefit to carers/family members who can make a visual check on the status of the dispenser without having to open it, allowing the user and carer to view:
- the date and time
- the time that the next dose is due
- number of doses remaining
- the battery level
When horizontal the display will show the Date and the Time in sequence. At the Alarm Time, the display will show 'Take Med'. When tilted forward the display will show in sequence (dates and times etc shown here are examples):
- NEXT DOSE 16:30 MON || DOSES LEFT 9 || B (battery level) 75% || DATE: 23 SEPT 2011
- When only 4 doses remain the display will additionally show DOS 04. After this dose has been dispensed DOS 03, DOS 02, DOS 01 and finally DOS 00 will be displayed in sequence with the DATE and CLOCK
- When the battery capacity is less than 20%, LOWBATT will be displayed in sequence with the DATE and CLOCK
- Dimensions Length 190mm Width 180mm Height 56mm.
- Weight 390g excl. batteries 490g incl. batteries.
- Volume Approx 10ml per compartment.
- Power supply 6V 4 x 1.5V Alkaline batteries or 4 x 1.2v rechargeable NiMH batteries.
- Battery life > 1 year.
- Compartments 28.
- Maximum daily alarms 24
- The Pivotell® Advance dispenser is the same diameter and slightly deeper than the existing Pivotell® Mk 3/11 Dispenser.
- The interface currently provided in the Pivotell Mark 3/11 Automatic Pill Dispenser (CI0108M1Hxx, CviLux 8 pin) is retained to enable connection to current Telecare systems.
Delivery 1 - 4 days